Hotel in Colchester and Essex
We love great beds, crisp white Egyptian cotton sheets, comfy pillows, fresh flowers, real coffee and lovely views. We hope you do too. Check in, relax and let us look after you.
Whether you are looking for a hotel for a break, a celebration or a conference, you will find modern comfort and quality, elegant period features, views over Essex countryside and good old fashioned service. We have wonderful staff who are proud of Prested and will go that extra mile for you. We pride ourselves on being just that little bit different making us one of the finest hotels in Colchester!
- Wi-Fi is freely available subject to occasional interruptions caused by our great distance from the nearest phone exchange.
- We have an adult members’ health club next door to The Hall. Adult guests are welcome to use our 20 metre indoor pool, sauna, steam room and lawn tennis courts, and (subject to a fitness assessment) our PulseFitness gym.
- View our club timetable for opening times, the weekend Family Swim sessions for accompanied children , or view our facilities here.
- We sell swimwear and loan swim towels to hotel guests at the Club reception. Please do not use your hotel towels.
- It may be possible to arrange an introduction to the fascinating Tudor game of Real Tennis during your stay. View our Real Tennis department.
- If you’d like to combine a stay with some pampering at our Elemis spa or a sports massage or other remedial treatment, click on treatments.